- Business Automobile Liability Insurance with a combined single limit of not less than $350,000 per accident.
- Meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be equipped with properly functioning seat belts available for all passengers transported, heat/air conditioned, clean and safe.
- Must have a two-way radio or equivalent communicating device for voice communication with the dispatcher.
- Must successfully complete Pace’s Paratransit Driver Training Program.
- Be fully knowledgeable of applicable policies and procedures and are capable of performing Pace Paratransit services.
- All drivers must receive sensitivity training All drivers shall posses an Illinois license appropriate to the vehicle being operated.
- Employers must obtain a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for anyone who operates a vehicle in Pace Service prior to hire, going back at least five years.
- Drivers must remain in compliance with all Federal, State of Illinois and local statutes and/or regulations applicable to drivers of Taxi Cabs/Vehicles for Hire.
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age.
Some of the following qualifications the driver must meet are as follows:
- No pattern of driving violations on the record
- No convictions/suspensions of driving while intoxicated or impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Not currently in receipt of a traffic violation
- Drivers must be in compliance with the regulation for physical examinations and drug screenings as required by the FTA/DOT.
- Individuals who have been convicted of a felony are not permitted to provide service.
- Employers must perform a criminal background investigation on each potential driver prior to hire and periodically throughout their employment to ensure compliance.
Vendor Requirements to ParticipateJulie Tremberth2017-03-13T14:53:05+00:00